ACTIVITIES OF THE COMMITTEE
The Worldwide Study organising committee began at ICHEP in Vancouver in
1998. It has met since then about twice a year at most, but does most
of its business by email.
Its tasks include:
- To co-ordinate the three regional studies; the ECFA Study, the North
American Study and the ACFA Study.
Particular co-ordinating activities have been:
- a report and website on the current and required detector R&D
- a specialised group to look into the possibility of remote operation
of experiments (the Global Detector Network).
- encouragement of the other regions to match each other in starting
specialised working groups; in particular the LoopVerein, and
the LHC/LC complementarity study.
- a catalogue of test beam needs, to be presented to Lab. directors.
- To form the core of the programme committee for the LCWS International
including LCWS '99 in Sitges, LCWS 2000 at
Fermilab, LCWS '02 in Jeju, Korea, and the 2004 Symposium planned for Paris,
19-23 April 2004.
- To be the Physics and detectors sub-committee of the International
Linear Collider Steering Committee.